This post will explain XML Notepad best editor windows. An ideal XML Editor provides a complete suite of XML code creation and development tools. XML editors are development environments predominantly used for XML editing, modeling, and debugging. XML authoring systems (XML Editors) are used by software and application developers in all industry types to transform technologies. These editors come enriched with pre-programmed elements needed for the development of interactive technology or software titles.
6 Best XML Editors For Productive Development
In this article, you can know about XML Notepad best editor windows here are the details below;
These editors have functionalities such as tag completion and other options that are not uncommon in XML editing, depending on DTD (document type definition) or XML tree. It is necessary to have a specialized editing environment that proffers a unique interface and produces valid XML code. Some of such editing environments are Oxygen, Emacs, TextEdit, Code Browser, etc. Also check best free audio editing software.
Things to look for in an XML Editor-
- Supports assembly of dissimilar content types, usually defined in document type definition (DTD)
- Provide context-sensitive support and automation mechanism.
- Should be light weighted.
- Provides development of data-oriented XML content. Etc.
- Supports Xpath query for filtering and logical manipulation of document content.
- Provides Enterprise -level approach to content production.
- Supports XML schema language.
With an XML Editor, you can-
- View and edit XML documents: create new XML documents, work with existing XML documents.
- Create and modify documents elements:
- Validate an XML document
- Attach a schema to an XML document
- Detach a schema
XML Schema is nothing but a type of XML document that is a block of the content of XML data. These blocks of data or XML schema govern elements, attributes, data types, and other rules for uniqueness and integrity constraints. Whereas DTD is responsible for providing more control on XML structure, an XML schema is accountable for defining structure to an XML document.
Best XML Editors to use for Product Development.
Adobe FrameMaker XML Author
Adobe FrameMaker XML Author is an authoring tool. It helps a user to edit and publish multilingual content.
It enables a user to create bidirectional XML content easily. It originates with a very intuitive user interface, multiple views, merging scopes, MathML equation supports, XSLT, and Xpath, also has new DITA 1.3 support. Overall it has everything an authoring and application development and publishing suite should include.
Adobe FrameMaker XML author is ideal for technical communicators, developers, and web developers to develop and publish software and applications. It is also extensively used by information architects, designers, and documentation specialists who need a scalable tool to create and edit XML/DITA content in both RTL and LTR languages and as well as mixed content.
Features and Benefits
- It has a robust 64-bit architecture.
- Gives out up to 56% faster file performance.
- Has higher stability because of its all-time updating libraries.
- It works in HD with support for 4k displays that are really high for an XML editor resolution.
- Now has improved WYSIWYG view.
- Now has smoother DITA authoring experience.
- Has improved superior CSS3 styling support.
- Has bi-directional support.
Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 10 , MacOS and more.
Has Free trial available.
One-time payment of $399.00.
EditiX is a cross-platform powerful and easy-to-use XML editor designed to help web authors and application programmers step on utilizing the latest XML and XML-related techs such as XSLT/FO and XSD Schema.
It has an extensive range of XML functionality embedded inside its IDE that will guide you with intelligent entry helpers. It comes with real-time Xpath location and syntax error detection.
EditiX comes with default templates for XML, DocBook, DTD, XHTML, XSLT, XSD, XML RelaxNG, SVG, MathML and XSL-FO. Also check press release format.
EditiX has a version called EditiX Free XMLEditor Lite is free for non-commercial environments. This version can easily be downloaded without registration.
EditiX is available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS.
Features and Benefits-
Includes XML Editor, Schema Editor, XSLT Editor, XSLT Debugger, XSL-FO Editor, XQuery Editor, and SVG Editor.
Windows- require Java VM 5.x.
Mac- requires Java VM 5.x.
Linux- requires Java VM 5.x.
Enterprise license- $179
Small business license- $99
Oxygen XML Editor
Oxygen XML Editor is designed to accommodate many users, ranging from beginners, intermediate to XML experts. Oxygen is a comprehensive suite of XML authoring and developing tools and a standalone application (also can be used as an Eclipse plugin).
You can utilize Oxygen XML Editor in addition to other XML-based technologies. Oxygen XML Editor suite has many powerful tools that can be used for creating, editing, and publishing XML documents.
It is ready for major running systems and is available on multiple platforms.
Features and Benefits-
- Intuitive and structured XML editing.
- Single-source publishing- produces outputs in PDF, ePUB, HTML, and other formats.
- Enables collaboration with other authors.
- Easy Compare and serge solutions.
Get Oxygen XML Editor on Windows7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows servers, EL Capitan 10.11, Sierra 10.12, High Sierra 10.13, Mojave 10.14, Cataline 10.15, and Linux 64 bit.
XMLSPY is the world’s leading XML development tool. IT has over a million registered users all over the globe.
XMLSPY has all the tools that a developer needs for building up the most sophisticated applications.
With XMLPY’s graphical schema designer, file converters, debuggers, and profiles working with XSD, XSLT, XQuery, XBRL and more, can be used to grab at the benefit of these functionalities to evidently improve and maximize software developer productivity in implementing any XML enabled solution.
Features and benefits-
- XMLSPY 5 now has improved support for building Miscrofost.NET applications.
- Supports Microsoft C# code generation.
- XMLSPY Editor has enhanced support for Oracle XML DB.
- Now has various new data editing and server administration features.
- Ideal for project planning.
- XMLSPY 5 now has additional web service support.
- Supports source publishing- PDF support document publishing.
- Have drag/ drop functionality in stylesheet designer.
Windows, Mac, Linux.
One-time payment of $499.00. No free version. XMLSPY does offer a free thirty days trial.
TextEdit is a Cross-platform XML Editor. It is extensively used for authoring and developing XML files.
TextEdit has a simple and intuitive interface that allows you to use it for modeling, creating, viewing, and editing XML files. It enables a developer to open and edit multiple XML documents at once. Also check xml vs html.
It is not made for beginners, used mainly by advanced XML Editing users. Facilitates developers to extract files from archive and source publish into a PDF.
Features and Benefits-
- It is free of cost, thus no financial constraints.
- TextEdit only works with text files.
- No administrative privileges are needed.
- Syntax highlighting
- Special replace tool
- Availability of bookmarks
- Supports unlimited text size.
Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and more.
Free to use.
XML Mind XML Editor delivers highly extensible XML editing tools used to create documents conforming to create the custom schema.
This java-based editing and validating tools are targeted tech writers and authors trying to perform structured authoring.
XML mind packs up the basic features of an XML editor and supports document types; DITA 1.0- 1.2, XML 1.0 standard, common image formats, I.e., JPG, TIFF, PNG, BMP, etc., published sources in document formats like HTML and PDF.
Features and benefits-
- converts DocBook document to any XSL-FO-based output format.
- publishing- source document publishing to PDF, RTF, WML, DOCX, ODT files, etc.
- integrated spreadsheets engine for editing
- perpetual document validity
- TEI document support etc.
Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac, and Linux.
- Per user – $390 one-time payment.
- Site Licence- $11.000 one-time payment.
- Corporate Licence- $34,000 one-time payment.
- Developer License- $17,000 one-time payment.