People used to sit in their living rooms to watch their favourite movies or go to cinemas when new movies were released. But today, everyone can skip stepping out of their bedroom to watch the shows they like. It’s because they can watch movies and tv series on Netflix, Disney+, and other streaming apps.
These apps have changed the entertainment industry. They also made it possible for everyone to enjoy movies and shows anywhere. 60% of Generation Z and Millenials watch streaming videos daily.
Before, some people illegally streamed content as they couldn’t afford to pay for tickets to the cinema. Some of them didn’t have time to watch their favourite shows. However, when Netflix and other streaming apps were introduced, more people switched to these apps for various reasons. These include computer viruses and legal actions.
If you want to know more about other streaming apps that can be an alternative to Netflix, this article can help you.
What is a movie streaming app?
A movie streaming app is a software that supports paid or free streaming services, such as Netflix, Disney+, and Prime Video. This allows people to view shows at quite a reasonable price.
People can use them around the world, and they’re very convenient. In addition, they produce excellent and exciting original content. However, you can only use them if you have an internet connection, unless you download a show.
Here are the advantages of using movie streaming apps:
- Can watch movies anywhere, any time: Movie streaming apps are usually used on mobile phones and tablets. Using these apps, you can watch a film wherever and whenever you want.
- Can watch movies on any device with an internet connection: Aside from phones and tablets, you can also use these apps on laptops and smart TV. You can watch shows without buffering if there is a good internet connection.
- Has a wide range of movies to watch: Heaps of movies and TV shows are available on streaming apps. You can watch shows from different countries in various languages. Also, there are several genres you can choose from, including romance, comedy, horror, action, and documentaries.
- No ads while watching movies: One of the things that people hate when watching shows on TV is commercial breaks. Also, when they watch on some streaming websites, they are flooded with ads. These streaming apps allow you to watch movies and TV shows without being disrupted by ads.
- Adjustable streaming quality: When watching movies with mobile data, you can adjust the streaming quality to minimize consumed data. Also, if you’re using a wifi connection, you can watch the movie in high definition.
- Can download movies for later watching: Movie streaming apps allow you to download movies so you can watch them later without the internet.
Top Five Movie Streaming Apps
This list is of free movie apps which are as good as Netflix. You can watch thousands of movies at your fingertips on your phone or tablet.
One of the best things about Crackle is it supports any device. These include all mobile devices, streaming players, smart TVs, and gaming consoles.
It’s easy to navigate this app, and you don’t need to log in to watch shows. Also, you can stream videos smoothly.
Furthermore, you can easily find movies and shows you prefer as it can filter and sort the results.
However, there are only a few categories to choose from, and you can’t sort the result by popularity.
Unlike other streaming apps, Popcornflix clearly distinguishes between movies and TV series. Once you choose the film, you can select a genre to narrow your options until you find what you are looking for.
You can choose from several genres, such as action, drama, crime, sports, horror, thriller, documentaries, and sci-fi movies. It also has interesting sections, such as Featuring Superhero Actors, Beat The Heat Action, and There’s A Haunt in This House.
In addition, it has a Not Seen filter that you can apply, so you don’t have to scroll through movies you have already seen.
This is the app alternative to the Tubi desktop website. It’s designed for mobile and is very easy to use.
Tubi has a search tool and various genres you can pick. Also, movie covers are large enough to see, so you won’t have to tap on them.
Additionally, when you select a movie, it has a description page where you can find the film’s release date, genre, duration, and similar titles. It also has a “Like” or “Dislike” button, which lets the app know what it should recommend to you.
4. Pluto TV
Pluto TV is an app you can use on smartphones and smart TVs. You may use it to watch live TV shows and movies for free and stream popular films online.
You may also see the most recently added shows, including the popular ones. Since it has live movies, you can view them if they’re on. However, you can only rewatch a film if it is popular or on demand.
Additionally, it has non-movie channels and a few movie channels, so it can be overwhelming if you prefer movies only.
You can watch popular movies from Redbox for free on their mobile app. Select WATCH FREE from their menu and find all the ad-supported films you can view online.
The movies in this app are well-organized, so it’s easy for you to see new and popular movies. You can also see which films are leaving the free section soon.
Top-Rated Movie Streaming Apps
With movie streaming apps, you can watch movies and tv shows for free on your phone everywhere and anytime. These apps have thousands of shows you can pick from. So you don’t have to download movies from illegal sites or wait for them to be shown on TV.