Best LoadRunner Alternatives will be described in this article. Applications for the web, mobile, Java, Silverlight, Ajax, etc. may all be tested with LoadRunner. It is a hosted cloud solution that works best for medium-sized to large organisations.
So, regardless of whether you run a small or large business, read this in-depth evaluation to find out more about LoadRunner and its rivals, and then choose the best solution depending on your unique needs.
Fact Check : 56% of LoadRunner clients are from the US, according to Enlyft research on LoadRunner.
The two reasons why organisations look for LoadRunner alternatives are cost and a limited requirement for non-HTTP protocols.
The breakdown of LoadRunner clients by industry is shown in the graph below.
Using HP LoadRunner: Top Industries
The DevOps-oriented flows can be used because LoadRunner includes a command-line interface.
With the help of this functionality, you may use scripts from any source control system and allocate dockerized load generators on demand.
The NV Insights research on Network Virtualization addresses potential problems.
Additionally, this analysis will offer you suggestions for streamlining network traffic.
It is compatible with IDEs, jUnit, Selenium, Microsoft Visual Studio, Jenkins, and nUnit, among other development tools.
- Micro Focus provides a free LoadRunner trial.
- It comes with 50 virtual user licences for free in the community edition.
- For an additional $1.40 each virtual user day, more virtual users are available.
- The company doesn’t disclose volume price.
- Linux and Windows-based systems.
- Several uses.
- Over fifty protocols
- Both the newest and older application technologies.
Limitation of LoadRunner
The LoadRunner supports a wide range of protocols, allowing it to be used to test many application types.
But the use of these protocols has decreased as a result of the movement of applications to the cloud.
Businesses are looking for LoadRunner alternatives because the necessity for non-HTTP protocols is declining.
The LoadRunner’s price is yet another drawback.
LoadRunner could cost up to mid-six figures for the typical deployment size.
Pro Tip: Consider the tool’s lack of scalability and flexibility, high maintenance costs, and poor usability.
It’s crucial to compare the tool’s functionality to your requirements when choosing a tool.
Additionally, check to see if the tool supports the desired protocol.
Top 10 Best LoadRunner Alternatives In 2023
1. Apache JMeter
Ideal for medium-sized to large organisations.
- Java JMeter
- Cost: Free
An open-source tool called Apache JMeter is used to test both static and dynamic resources as well as dynamic web applications.
By simulating a large demand, it can verify the robustness of a server, set of servers, network, or an object.
Various load types are used to analyse the system’s performance.
- JMeter offers a Test IDE with all the features.
- Fast Test Plan recording, construction, and recording are features of the Test IDE.
- Through CLI mode, you may load tests from any OS that supports Java.
- It provides total portability.
- JMeter offers a ready-to-present dynamic HTML report.
- You can watch test results again.
Continuous integration will be simpler with JMeter if third-party open-source libraries like Maven, Gradle, and Jenkins are used.
Through pluggable samplers, scriptable samplers, and pluggable timers, it is a very extendable platform.
The framework is entirely multi-threaded.
There are five price tiers for the Gatling Enterprise on-premise solution: Starter (€400/month), Silver (€625/month), Gold (€1250/month), Platinum (€2500/month), and Enterprise (get a quote).
There is a four-week trial period that is free.
You can test out a cloud-based business solution for five days.
Continuous ($3 per hour), Distributed ($9 per hour), High-Scale ($19 per hour), and Annual License ($5400 per year) are its other four pricing tiers. Also check scribe alternatives
An open-source tool to assess the performance and load of your web applications is called Gatling.
The Gatling is available in two versions: Open-source and Enterprise.
Both an on-premises and cloud solution can be employed with the Enterprise edition.
- There will be an infinite amount of virtual participants, tests, and durations.
- It will be integrated into the pipeline for your development.
- Continuous load testing is possible.
- It offers an online recorder.
- The reports that Gatling offers are vivid.
Gatling Open source, Gatling Enterprise On-premise, and Gatling Enterprise Cloud-based are the three options accessible for your company.
Additionally, it offers consulting and training services.
3. Rational Performance Tester
Price: A 30-day free trial of Rational Performance Tester is available.
A price can be obtained. Because IBM Rational Performance Tester is cloud-based, it may be utilised for extensive and internationally distributed performance testing.
Load testing for a variety of applications, including HTTP, SAP, Siebel, and SIP, can be done here.
- Without programming, test scripts will be produced.
- It offers the equipment needed for root cause analysis.
- It has the ability to report in real time.
- You can specify the load using the configurable graphical test scheduler it offers.
- Conclusion: Businesses employ IBM Rational Performance Tester, which has cutting-edge capabilities like a graphical test scheduler and the ability to create test scripts without scripting.
- Rational Performance Tester website
Price: A free package with 50 virtual users is available from WebLOAD.
The Standard and Premium pricing tiers are two more.
To learn more about price, request a quote.
The premium plan can be purchased as a lifetime licence, a monthly or annual subscription, or both.
The intelligent performance testing tool, WebLOAD, includes capabilities like load simulation, easy scripting, and insights that can be put to use.
It offers features for monitoring infrastructure.
With premium plans, it offers various deployment possibilities.
- It includes features for creating and running tests, analytics, and mobile load testing.
- Web & application load testing, Java,.NET, and Oracle Forms load testing are all possible using WebLOAD.
- It offers continuous integration plugins.
- It offers an online dashboard.
- In conclusion, WebLOAD offers knowledgeable help with paid plans.
- Its free plan, which allows 20 Selenium WebDriver users, is free for life.
- The WebLOAD website
- Best suited to programmers or developers.
- Cost: Free
A distributed, scalable, and web-oriented load testing tool is called locust.
It is simple to use and tells you how many concurrent users your system can support.
Locust may be used to test almost any system.
- By using plain code, this tool aids in defining user behaviour.
- Locust allows for load testing across a number of distributed machines.
- Testing may be done with millions of users at once.
- Real-time exam information will be provided.
- Conclusion: Locust will let you write tests using Python code.
- You will be able to write your tests using only simple code.
Best for freelancers and small to large organisations.
Price: LoadNinja offers a free trial. Also check StoriesIG Alternatives
For LoadNinja, there are three pricing tiers: Pro ($2399 annually), Premium ($7399 annually), and Enterprise (Get a quote).
A performance and load testing tool called LoadNinja employs a large number of actual browsers to load test the application.
With the aid of a private proxy, it will enable you to test the application within the local network.
- Unlimited load tests are allowed with LoadNinja.
- It offers 100 hours of load testing and a minimum of 250 virtual users.
- It can cut the time needed to create test scripts by 60%.
- The combination of LoadNinja and Zephyr with Jira will help you manage your performance tests successfully and efficiently.
- In conclusion, LoadNinja offers the opportunity to tie the databank to a particular test, making it simpler to carry out Data-Driven load tests with LoadNinja.
- You will receive useful information, such as browser-based navigation times, because LoadNinja uses an actual browser.
7. MicroFocus Performance Center
The community edition of Performance Center is free.
The cost for a virtual user starts at $2.10 per day.
The business can be contacted for volume pricing. This is another loadrunner alternatives.
A business platform is MicroFocus Performance Center.
It provides features for organising and carrying out tests for numerous international initiatives.
Both browser-based and native mobile applications can utilise it to measure their performance.
- Access to Performance Center will be available worldwide.
- It is compatible with IDE, CI, and build tools.
- It has tools for detecting anomalies.
- In conclusion, Performance Center offers the most thorough technical help.
- You can test a variety of apps using its sophisticated scripting features.
- MicroFocus Performance Center website
Best for individuals and small to large enterprises.
Price: A free trial of the product is offered by Smartmeter.io.
There are four price tiers: Personal ($39/month), Pro ($99/month), Pro+ ($299/month), and Corporate ($399/month) (Get a quote). This is another loadrunner alternatives.
There are also yearly plans available.
A performance testing tool with enterprise-level features is SmartMeter.
Here, test reports are automatically created.
It offers a test scenario recorder to make the process of developing test scenarios simple.
- The Test Scenario Recorder offers tools for undoing and redoing actions, separating static and dynamic resources in requests, and other features.
- Installing load generators on numerous machines enables distributed load testing.
- The solution will let you mix on-premises and cloud load generators for distributed load testing.
- The automatically chosen criteria will be used to determine if a test is passed or failed.
- The criteria will be established based on a number of variables, including response time, the quantity of errors, etc.
- Conclusion: Smartmeter.io offers a wide range of additional capabilities, like automatic backup of test results and test scripts, simple test & test data sharing, etc.
Ideal for medium-sized to large organisations.
Price: A free trial of the product is available from LoadView.
Starter ($199/month), Professional ($499/month), Advanced ($1499/month), and Pay-as-you-go are the four pricing tiers (On-Demand). This is another loadrunner alternatives.
A tool for load testing websites, web apps, and web services is called LoadView.
10 Geo Zones, Amazon and Google Clouds, 180-Day Data Retention, and Dedicated Load Injectors are included with each package.
- Simulated API calls will be used to test Web Services.
- It will validate API replies, check SLA requirements, and enable SOAP & REST for web services testing.
- Real user simulations will be used to test web applications.
- For testing web applications, it enables multi-step scripting, stress testing crucial pathways, and support for more than 40 browsers or devices.
- UX will be put to the test for online pages under load.
- Performance will be examined, and bottlenecks will be found.
Conclusion: It is a fully cloud-managed solution that utilises both the Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services.
Price: For NeoLoad, Free, Standard, Professional, Enterprise, and VUH, Neotys offers five pricing tiers.
The cost-free version can be downloaded. This is another loadrunner alternatives.
To learn more about price, request a quote. Also check Sentry Alternatives
An API and application performance testing tool is called Neotys.
Within CI pipelines, API load testing will be automated.
NeoLoad is a load testing tool that can be utilised for many different use-cases, including Microservices & API, Mobile App, SAP Applications, Web App, and Cloud Testing, among others.
- You may arrange and share resources within teams and applications using the collaboration features.
- It offers native automation testing integration within CI/CD pipelines.
- It supports DevOps load testing and continuous performance testing for agile teams.
- Conclusion: The NeoLoad is a unique solution because of its three aspects of automation, acceleration, and cooperation.
Leave a Reply