In this article we discuss in details about to how can solve 100% cpu usage windows 10. We have actually all been there. You activate your PC, as well as instead of getting straight to work, you’re faced with dreadful stagnation and also loud-running fans. Hit Ctrl + Shift + Retreat, and also you see that your 100% cpu usage windows 10
It’s a typical problem that’s, luckily, not typically also difficult. Here are several fixes for the CPU problem.
How to Fix 100% CPU usage Issue In windows 10
In this article, you can get the best knowledge about How to Fix 100% CPU usage Issue In windows 10 here are the details below;
Check Your Power Supply
This set’s a concern that can influence both desktop computer and also laptop Windows 10 individuals. If you have a defective power supply (the keys cable television on a laptop computer, the PSU in a desktop computer), after that it can automatically start undervolting your 100% cpu usage windows 10 to preserve power. When undervolted, your CPU can work at only a fraction of its full power, thus the opportunity of this materializing as 100% CPU usage on Windows 10.
To fix this on a laptop computer is quite simple: unplug your laptop computer from the power line, then click the battery symbol at the bottom right edge of your Windows 10 desktop computer -> Battery Setups -> Power & Rest Settings -> Additional power settings, and select High Performance. If the problem was with your power supply, the 100% cpu usage windows 10 need to go back to regular in the job supervisor (Ctrl + Change + Esc).
On a desktop computer things can be a little much more complex, as you’ll require to literally remove the PSU from your PC as well as test a various one. We advise experiencing our other suggestions listed here before attempting this.
Methods to Fix 100% CPU usage windows 10
Your computer gets slow after Windows 10 Fall Creators update? CPU shows extremely high used – 99% or even 100% usage in Task Manager on Windows 10 Fall Creators PC?
If your computer runs slower after installing Windows 10 Fall Creators, or CPU shows highly used in task manager, don’t worry. Here in the below, you’ll find quick fixes and complete methods to fully resolve the high CPU usage issue in Windows 10 Fall Creators and speed up your PC with simple clicks.
Method 1. End Task of running programs to fix high CPU usage error in Windows 10 Fall Creators
This fix can help you quickly end high CPU usage issue in Windows 10 Fall Creators when your PC becomes extremely slow or even get stuck with running programs:
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager;
2. Select “Task Manager” > Check and select programs that are taking high memory and CPU usage > Click “End Task” to close selected programs or apps.
Method 2. Disable Startup programs, fix file system error and clean up junk files to fix high CPU usage issue
1. Disable Startup programs that takes high CPU and slows PC
1. Press Win + R to bring Run dialog > Type: msconfig to open Task Manager;
2. Click on Startup on “Task Manager “> Select and right-click on unnecessary programs or apps > Select “Disable” to stop them running from Startup.
2. Fix file system error that causes high CPU and disk usage
Download, install and run EaseUS Partition Master Free in Windows 10 Creators PC;
Step 1: Open EaseUS Partition Master on your computer. Then locate the disk, right-click the partition you want to check, and choose “Check File System”.
Step 2: In the Check File System window, keep the “Try to fix errors if found” option selected and click “Start”.
Step 3: The software will begin checking your partition file system on your disk. When it has completed, click “Finish”.
3. Clean up junk files that take high CPU and disk usage
When the C drive contains is full of junk files, or applications contain caches, the computer CPU will be overloaded. As a result, unexpected high CPU and disk usage issue will occur.
To get rid of this issue, EaseUS Tools M with its System Cleanup feature can help:
Step 1. DOWNLOAD and install EaseUS Tools M. Select “System Cleanup” on the main screen.
Step 2. Select the type of junk files you want to scan and click “Analyze”.
Step 3. Identify and select useless files and click “Clean up” to remove those files from your PC or laptop.
Method 3. Run DISM command to decrease high CPU usage
1. Right-click on Start and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”, sign in with your administrator account;
2. Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit Enter;
3.Type: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:RepairSourceWindows /LimitAccess and hit Enter;
4.Type: sfc /scannow and hit Enter;
Restart PC after this and then CPU high usage or RAM high usage issue has been lowered down by then.
Method 4. Disable Superfetch and Windows services to fix Windows high CPU usage
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager;
2. Go to “Services” tab and click “Open” services;
3. Navigate and locate Superfetch, right click on it and select “Properties”;
4. Click “Stop” to end the Superfetch service and click OK to confirm the change;
5. Press Win + R to open Run dialog > Type: msconfig and click OK;
6. Check “Hide all Microsoft services” under Services tab > Uncheck all other remaining services > “OK” to save all changes;
7. Restart Windows 10 Fall Creators > Enable any services individually and reboot PC > Repeat the process till Windows 10 Fall Creators high CPU usage issue gets fixed by then.
Method 5. Use Registry Editor to fix Windows 10 Fall Creators high CPU usage error
Note: One thing that you should know is that Registry Editor may clear and remove some useful files on your PC while running below clear command to fix high CPU usage issue in Windows 10 Fall Creators.
Therefore, please do remember to backup important files and data to an external storage device before you trying below tips.
1. Press Win + R to open Run dialog and type: Regedit, hit Enter;
2. Follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management;
3. Find: “ClearPageFileAtShutDown” and set its value to 1;
4. Restart the computer and then CUP high usage issue will be fixed.
100% cpu usage windows 10 on Windows 10 is a multi-faceted as well as complicated issue with numerous services. These are some of one of the most likely fixes.