What is Microsoft Project?
Microsoft Project is a time management software package for project managers, but it’s not the only game in town. There are many Microsoft project alternatives to choose from and each has its own set of pros and cons. Depending on your needs, you may be able to find an alternative that better suits your particular situation.
This article is all about Microsoft project alternatives. There are various Microsoft project alternatives that could be used instead of Microsoft project without any difficulties.
There are Microsoft project alternatives online, Microsoft project open source, Microsoft project alternatives for mac, and Microsoft project alternatives free.
Let’s explore some options below:
Teamhood is a great Microsoft Project alternative. While this is not as full-featured as Microsoft Project, many people who have used both versions prefer ProjectLibre over the commercial version of the Microsoft Project.
– Easy to use. One of the most commonly cited reasons for preferring ProjectLibre is that it’s very easy to use.
– Cross-platform. This program runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
– Customizable reports. While not as flexible as Microsoft Project in this regard, there are more report templates with this version.
Wrike – Wrike is a feature-rich project management software developed to fit the needs of small, medium, and enterprise businesses. This Microsoft Project alternative offers numerous collaboration tools that are ideal for teams working on multiple projects at once.
– Real-time dashboard. Keeps everyone on the same page with a real-time view of all the projects, tasks, and files associated with them.
– Team collaboration. Share files, conversations, and projects with your team to facilitate teamwork on projects.
– Actionable insights. Get a high-level overview of your projects from the dashboard or dig into more specific metrics with customizable reports that allow for filtering and exporting data.
RationalPlan – This is another best Microsoft project alternative; this software is ideal for experienced project managers. It includes advanced features such as Gantt Chart view, resource management, task dependencies, milestones, and more.
– Detailed planning. Planning resources to determine if a project can be completed within budget will become much simpler with RationalPlan’s detailed resource functionality.
– On-premises deployment. RationalPlan can be deployed on the organization’s own servers, which is more secure than using remote hosted services.
Trello is a collaboration tool that allows users to break down projects into small, manageable tasks. It’s a great option for teams that need to collaborate on numerous projects which have varying levels of urgency.
– Boards & lists. Break down your projects into boards, and then create a list for each task under them. You can also add checklists or attach documents to the tasks you’re completing.
– Assignable tasks. Assign tasks to team members, set due dates and priority levels for each task, and get real-time updates on the progress of your projects.
- Toggl Plan – Toggl Plan is one of the best Microsoft Project alternatives out there. A great time tracking tool that can be used in combination with other programs. It offers separate features for project planning, billing, resource management, and team collaboration.
– Organize projects. Group your tasks into projects to get an overview of how much work you need to do on each one.
Leave a Reply