Promoting a business in the B2B niche has its specifics. It takes longer for the other business to make a decision for the benefit of yours, and you should be quite clear with your value proposition and the advantages it may drive. However, when it comes to SEO, all websites have equal promotion opportunities, and link building is one of them. In this article, we will share the most effective B2B link-building practices that will help your website to become better visible in search results.
What Is Link Building?
As the name suggests, the process of link building implies creating high-quality links to your website that will come from other platforms. This is one of the most important and effective SEO practices, highly appreciated by Google.
Over the past few years, Google’s algorithms have changed significantly, but backlinks have not lost their importance. This is an indicator that your content has value, which means it deserves to be at the top of search results. But this is not the only advantage of building natural backlinks for B2B companies.
The Main Benefits of Link Building for the B2B Sector
- More prospective leads. Better search positions always mean better opportunities to get discovered by prospective leads. What’s more, the potential customers that come to your website from organic search are the most valuable since they are already interested in your value proposition.
- More partnership opportunities. There are a lot of ways to get high-quality do-follow backlinks to your website, and most of them imply getting in touch with other businesses for guest posting, cross-posting, and link exchange. These activities may open up a lot of additional opportunities for fruitful collaboration. You can find more guest posting platforms with Adsy.com for placing different type of links.
- Brand awareness and reputation. Reputation is important for any business, but when it comes to B2B, it becomes one of the main decision-making factors. When your content is often cited and referenced to, it improves your online reputation and contributes to your brand awareness and recognition.
The Best B2B Link Building Tactics to Use in 2021
Below we are going to share the most effective link-building methods, and here you may find out more about the less effort-consuming way to get more high-quality do-follow links.
1. Use Guest Blogs
Publishing guest posts is one of the oldest still effective link-building strategies. The essence of the approach is quite simple – you have to find other websites from a semi-business niche and negotiate on placing your content and your link among their posts. However, keep the following points in mind:
- The third-party website should have good domain authority in order to improve your positions by placing a backlink.
- Your backlink should be relevant to the website’s audience since in this way you will be able to attract prospective leads.
- Finding suitable sites may be challenging, and not all suitable sites will accept guest posts. But here is one more tip. Monitoring your competitors will give your better insight into the websites you may use for guest posting.
2. Participate in Interviews on Podcasts
Participating in interviews, podcasts and webinars is another good opportunity to share your backlinks, and most importantly, share them with your target audience. This is the way to kill two birds with one stone, plus strengthen your position on the market by proving your expertise.
So, don’t hesitate to reach out to industry leaders and influencers to get featured by them. Negotiate with them and persuade them of the value you may deliver to their target audience in exchange for placing a backlink to your website.
3. Develop and Distribute Your Infographics
Infographics are the most sharable and one of the most engaging types of content. Users don’t love to read long texts but they will never mind grabbing the most important facts and figures packaged in an infographic format. This type of content is also quite useful for other content creators who will share it and provide you with organic backlinks.
If you think that creating a stunning infographic is expensive and needs design skills, you will be glad to find out that you may do it yourself with Canva. This convenient tool is teeming with awesome templates you may use for your other visual marketing strategies as well.
4. Create Linkable Assets
In addition to infographics, there are a lot of other types of content that generate likes, comments, shares, and most importantly, references. For instance:
- Statistics, facts, and research. Try to collect as many scientific insights as you can and come up with an ultimate list of facts and numbers that will be useful to your target audience. There is a great chance that other content creators would like to reference your research as well providing you with organic backlinks.
- Interactive videos and games. If such type of content suits your business website, you may come up with such a tool to entertain your audience and stimulate them to share this link.
- Quizzes and surveys. There are also interactive tools that often receive a good influx of backlinks.
- Online calculator. Such a tool is useful not only for generating backlinks but for improving your conversions. If your deals imply customized terms and conditions, your customers will be able to use an online calculator to find the best offer for them.
5. Boost Social Media References
Social media links aren’t direct ranking factors but they still matter for your brand awareness. Better awareness in conjunction with better content means more high-quality backlinks appearing organically.
6. Track Your Brand Mentions
Your brand mentions that contain no link to your website are your missing opportunities. Make sure to monitor them; there are a lot of advanced tools that allow for finding your brand mentions in social media, other websites, and forums. Then, kindly contact the owner of the website or social media content creator and ask them to add a link to your website. Most of them will not refuse since it takes nothing to add a link but you will get some more organic backlinks that are the most valuable.
7. Be Open for Networking and Create Link Roundups
Also, stay open to networking opportunities. Don’t refuse if other companies reach out to you for guest posting – it means your website is credible enough to drive good SEO results for others. Also, don’t miss the opportunity to strengthen your SERP positions too. For this purpose, you may create a joint link-building strategy with your partners. For example, consider publishing a guest post with two backlinks where one of them will be yours, and one will lead to your partner’s website.
8. Track Your Backlinks
Following the strategies above is good but staying aware of the results they boost is even better. Make sure to track your backlinks and evaluate the result from those you have contributed to and those appeared organically. Ahrefs provides the ultimate set of tools needed for successful SEO promotion and backlinks monitoring and auditing are some of its functions you are welcome to use.
Building backlinks to your B2B website is an ongoing process that will drive positive results in the long run. Make sure to use all of the strategies we have covered in this article since each of them becomes even more effective when combined with other tactics.