Complete Guide And Reviews of ShipNetwork will be described in this post. If you have experience with e-commerce, you are probably aware of how crucial shipping is. Since customer happiness is intrinsically related to it, you’ll realise that Amazon Prime has established the bar for convenience unless you’ve been living under a rock. As a result, clients now anticipate shipping to take only a few days and frequently anticipate paying little to no shipping fees.
What is ShipNetwork Complete Guide And Reviews
In this article, you can know about What is ShipNetwork Complete Guide And Reviews here are the details below;
With that in mind, it creates sense that in 2022, 38% of online retailers were concerned about achieving their customers’ delivery expectations, and 70% were aiming to improve their tracking information to give a better customer experience. Here is where shipping solutions for smoother, quicker, and easier fulfilment shine.
ShipNetwork is one such choice. Therefore, we’ll discuss what services ShipNetwork offers, how much it costs, and what to think about before collaborating with them in this article. Let’s get started because there’s a lot to chew on.
What is ShipNetwork?
Before new ownership changed the name in the summer of 2022, ShipNetwork was known as Rakuten Super Logistics.
What does ShipNetwork actually do?
It manages, in a nutshell, all aspects of order fulfilment, including storage, kitting and packaging, supply route optimization, warehouse technology, refunds, and shipment.
As a result, by working with a fulfilment company like ShipNetwork, you may concentrate on other facets of running your company, like as marketing and customer support, and take a break whenever an order comes in.
In the fulfilment sector, ShipNetwork has amassed more than 20 years of experience.
It has built a strong network of transportation and warehousing partners across the US during this time.
This guarantees that you receive 1-day fulfilment and that clients receive their packages within 1-2 days.
ShipNetwork also provides 100% accuracy assurance and US-based support.
So you can rest comfortable that you are covered if anything goes wrong with product fulfilment on their end.
The setup for ShipNetwork is easy.
You begin by integrating ShipNetwork’s API with your e-commerce platform or shopping cart.
ShipNetwork already has native integrations for the most popular eCommerce systems, and you can turn them on with just a few clicks. No code is required to accomplish this.
The fulfilment centre network of ShipNetwork will thereafter receive your inventory.
Each order placed on your store is wired by the clever software to the most suitable fulfilment facility for processing.
Shipnetwork Review: ShipNetwork’s Key Services
Let’s look at how Shipnetwork intends to assist you with your fulfilment now that we’ve covered the fundamentals:
ShipNetwork provides quick fulfilment services with a 100% accuracy guarantee, as we’ve already hinted at. The organisation also guarantees 100% order turnaround by the next business day. In terms of maintaining your good reputation, this might alleviate your mind. In one of its numerous US warehouses, ShipNetwork keeps your merchandise.
When an order comes in, your products are quickly located, chosen, and packed from that point. Your order information is incidentally automatically sent through ShipNetwork’s SmartFill fulfilment management system. By knowing which things to put in the order and where to find them in the warehouse, the ShipNetwork team can process the order. Each order is then meticulously packaged and given a mailing label.
- Following a scan of this, your inventory levels are automatically updated.
- Over 98% of the US may be reached by ShipNetwork’s fulfilment hubs with ground shipment in two days.
- The West Coast, East Coast, South Central States, and the Midwest all have strategic positions for their warehouses.
- Chicago, Las Vegas, Reno, Atlanta, Austin, Denver, and Salt Lake City are a few notable locations.
As we just mentioned, ShipNetwork has a two-day delivery network, which implies that any ground orders placed within the US will arrive within 1-2 days.
You can choose shipping carriers that can reduce transit times and shipping costs with the aid of ShipNetwork’s Xparcel service. Among the carriers are FedEx, USPS, UPS, and DHL, but there are also regional and local carriers accessible. Additionally, all Xparcel carriers provide parcel tracking, allowing you to update your clients on the progress of their deliveries.
- Xparcel offers several shipping speeds for orders that need to travel farther.
- Typically, standard ground shipment takes 3 to 8 days to complete.
- Premium shipping takes 1-3 days, while expedited shipment takes 2–5.
- If you want a price for faster shipment, you’ll need to get in touch with the team.
There will still be consumers who wish to return an item because it wasn’t exactly what they were looking for, despite ShipNetwork’s guarantee of 100% accuracy on their orders (i.e., no incorrect or damaged items will be packaged and dispatched).
ShipNetwork fortunately also provides return management services, which include replenishing your inventory with returned goods when necessary. Otherwise, items that are damaged will be disposed of as directed.
In order to reduce transit costs, it’s also important to note that ShipNetwork gathers the returns and dispatches them to certain places on a schedule. Finally, you can arrange your eCommerce return management with the Shipnetwork staff to meet your requirements. The group can provide you with a price for the precise services you need.
Implementing product kits can be a great approach to increase sales and choose wisely when to supply products. For those who are unfamiliar, kitting enables you to group several things into a single SKU so that you can treat them as one shippable item.
- In other words, the items are transported in the same package.
- Adding components to kits can raise order values as well.
- In terms of marketing, you must show how several items work well together.
- This aids in convincing the buyer to pay a little bit more for the aforementioned extras.
- Virtually, you may create packages with your eCommerce site.
- When a bundle is ordered, the ShipNetwork staff can put the kits together in the warehouse.
- To cut down on human error and fulfilment periods, ShipNetwork may also physically pre-package a ready-made kit.
Selling subscription boxes is a further strategy for ensuring consistent sales and income. These might be sent out once a month or at another scheduled time.
ShipNetwork’s subscription fulfilment services make this process simpler. Your subscription boxes will be put together, packed, and shipped at the appropriate time.
If you need help obtaining or transporting goods from another state or abroad, Freight ShipNetwork may also help. Their door-to-door tracking SmartFreight service can manage the entire procedure from pick-up to delivery.
ShipNetwork compares prices for shipments of various sizes, such as less-than-truckload (LTL) and full truckload (FTL), so you can choose the most affordable mode of transportation for your freight requirements.
The following is taken care of by ShipNetwork:
- Preparing cargo pricing quotes to enable carrier selection
- A bill of lading is made (This is crucial paperwork in ensuring international exporters receive payment and importers receive merchandise)
- Reserving a flight
- Organizing the pick-up
- Providing notice of anticipated delivery dates to the shipper or consignee
- Giving customers a delivery confirmation.
What should you do if your items need to meet unique specifications, to sum up? If something needs to be kept at a certain temperature, for instance? ShipNetwork, fortunately, provides crucial extra services like: Lot tracking: Product tracking and fulfilment by expiration and freshness dates is possible for lots. Along the supply chain, products might also be recalled if they lose their freshness or if any problems occur.
Temperature control: Other than food and drink, many other things can benefit from temperature regulation. Products like paper, glue, musical instruments, electronics, and more are examples. ShipNetwork operates order fulfilment centres in the US with controlled temperatures. Custom Projects: ShipNetwork is ready to collaborate with online retailers to meet their specific business requirements through custom initiatives.
In order to develop a fulfilment strategy and get a precise price, you’ll need to talk to ShipNetwork about your company’s requirements.
ShipNetwork Review: ShipNetwork Integrations
To ensure a seamless and simple setup, you should first confirm that ShipNetwork interacts with your e-commerce platform.
This enables orders to be transferred automatically to your fulfilment programme.
Integrations in e-commerce include:
- Market at Walmart
To simplify the shipping process and give you exclusive shipping discounts, Amazon Shipnetwork also integrates with a number of shipping platforms and carriers.
It is important to confirm that these carriers offer delivery in the areas where you are currently selling.
Important integrations for shipping include:
- First Mile DHL
- American Postal Service
ShipNetwork Review: Pricing
Because no two firms are the same, ShipNetwork offers individualised pricing because they think there is no one-size-fits-all pricing model.
To receive an estimate and go through your specific requirements, you must contact ShipNetwork. The cat climbing a ladder picture is at the very top.
ShipNetwork Review: Customer Support
The sales staff of ShipNetwork can be reached by phone.
What assistance alternatives they provide after you become a customer, however, is less obvious.
However, regardless of where you are located, you should receive prompt responses from one of ShipNetwork’s industry experts thanks to in-house staff available on the East and West coasts.
ShipNetwork also employs warehouse liaisons, whose responsibility it is to facilitate fast communication between warehousing and fulfilment.
ShipNetwork further offers a variety of resources to assist you in learning more about shipping and fulfilment.
eBooks, case studies, webinars, and podcasts are examples of resources.
A ShipNetwork blog also covers subjects related to shipping, fulfilment, and e-commerce.
ShipNetwork Review: Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick rundown of the main advantages and disadvantages of ShipNetwork before we conclude:
- There are numerous customised services offered, including kitting, subscription fulfilment, lot tracking, and temperature control.
- You can track your packages and optimise delivery times and costs with the help of the Xparcel service.
- Absolute accuracy promised
- Complete return handling is offered, along with refilling your inventory.
- Connects to numerous well-known e-commerce platforms
- Major carriers including DHL, USP, and USPS provide shipment discounts.
- With many different warehouse locations and a base that is entirely in the US, we can guarantee quicker delivery times.
- The costing is opaque.
- There isn’t a support section devoted to answering more particular FAQs, and there aren’t any in-depth resources for any feature.
- Our search for a precise description of their 100% accuracy guarantee turned up nothing.
- Given that online resources are mostly focused on sales, it’s unclear how they make it possible for customers to contact them for support questions.
For US-based online retailers, ShipNetwork guarantees dependable, precise, and quick fulfilment services.
Their broad network of warehouses and delivery companies makes this possible.
They also promise quick ground shipment, package tracking, completely handled returns, and a variety of customised services.
If you’re a US merchant, it could be a good idea to request a quote directly from ShipNetwork to learn more about their pricing.
The main drawback of ShipNetwork is that there isn’t enough information available to completely understand their services at the moment.
On paper, it appears favourable.
It remains to be seen, however, whether they will improve on the negative ratings the business earned when owned by Rakuten Super Logistics.
It is clear that the website design is still finding its footing at this time.
Unfortunately, their website isn’t clear enough about customer service, what’s included in the price, and who pays for returns or incorrect shipments.