Best LearnDash Alternatives will be discussed in this article. Are you looking for the best LearnDash substitutes and rivals for your LMS website? So you’re in the proper spot. Online learning sites can be launched using a variety of free and premium WordPress Learning Management System (LMS) plugins as well as standalone solutions. But one of the most widely used WordPress plugins for building LMS sites is LearnDash.
Looking for better plugins and SaaS (Software as a Service) alternatives to LearnDash because you’re not sure you want to utilize it? We have your back. In this post, we’ll give you a list of the best LearnDash substitutes and rival services that might be a better fit for you. But first, let’s take a quick look at LearnDash before moving on to the list.
To assist you in building a robust LMS platform with WordPress, a team of specialists created the well-known LearnDash LMS plugin. Any educational institution, training organization, business, etc. will benefit greatly from this excellent eLearning system. The plugin uses the best practices for online learning to deliver the organized course and materials. With LearnDash, you can provide learners with an immersive learning environment.
- A simple drag-and-drop course builder makes it simple to create and edit courses.
- Choices for altering content and course display
- Deliver the content gradually over time by drip-feeding it.
- Easily navigable course
- Optional advanced quizzes
- Builders of course certificates
- Simple task management
- Reports in-depth on enrollment, course development, and performance
- Create courses that are free, premium, or have a time limit and receive payments with PayPal, Stripe, or 2Checkout
- Connects to a variety of other tools and plugins to let you build a custom LMS site
A premium WordPress LMS plugin is called LearnDash. Depending on your conditions & budget, you can pick from three various plans and pricing options offered by it.
- Site 1: $199 per year
- 10 Sites: $399 annually
- Unlimited Sites: $799/year
Not to mention, LearnDash provides a 15-day refund policy. Therefore, you can use LearnDash to get your courses online without any worries. However, you can also get in touch with the team if you have any further pre-sale questions for frank advice and recommendations.
Why look for the LearnDash Alternatives & Competitors?
While LearnDash offers a full suite of LMS functions, it’s also true that many of those functionalities require the integration of extra add-ons. Unfortunately, the majority of LearnDash add-ons need a fee. As a result, LearnDash is extremely pricey if you want more advanced functions for your LMS website.
Additionally, the following list of LearnDash negatives:
- WordPress must be installed in order for LearnDash to function. Therefore, if you don’t already have a WordPress website, you must first build one up by selecting a reputable server like Bluehost, SiteGround, etc.
- LearnDash offers a few different subscription levels. For full membership capabilities, you must therefore combine LearnDash with other membership plugins, which might cost you a fortune.
- The monthly subscription choice is restricted by the plugin. Additionally, you cannot include coupons and promotional offers with it.
- It doesn’t have a built-in marketing plan to help your courses get in front of more people.
Now that that has been said, let’s get started with the list of the top LearnDash substitutes and rivals for your LMS websites.
The Top 10 LMS Site Competitors & LearnDash Alternatives
In this article, you can know about LearnDash Alternatives here are the details below;
Masteriyo LMS is the go-to plugin if you’re a WordPress user looking for the best LearnDash substitute to build an LMS site. It has a ton of amazing LMS features, yet it doesn’t have a challenging learning curve or require coding expertise to use. Because Masteriyo is powered by React JS, creating online courses can be done quickly and easily. It’s distinctive mostly because you can manage memberships, fees, and course creation from a single page.
The above is merely the top of the iceberg. A contemporary course builder, distraction-free learning pages, etc. are some additional benefits of using Masteriyo LMS. To ensure interaction between students and the instructor, a separate section for questions and answers is also accessible.
What Makes the Best LearnDash Alternative, Masteriyo LMS?
- You can design a variety of quiz kinds to improve your students’ comprehension of the subject using interactive quizzes and the certificate builder. Additionally, you can reward and motivate students by giving them eye-catching awards.
- Let the students know which courses they have finished and which ones they still need to finish with the course progress bar and vertical navigation section. Additionally, the navigation area enables students to go between all of the course’s parts, lessons, and quizzes.
- WooCommerce support and an in-built order system: Masteriyo features an in-built order system that enables course sales without the need for external plugins. Additionally, for your convenience, it smoothly connects with WooCommerce, a well-known eCommerce plugin.
- WordPress Theme Compatibility: Masteriyo is compatible with all WordPress-compliant themes. However, the eLearning theme, which was especially created to function perfectly with the Masteriyo plugin, is what we advise. Themes like Online Education, Zakra, etc. are also options.
- No Hidden Fees: Masteriyo’s premium plans and pricing are completely transparent. In contrast to LearnDash, there are no additional fees related with the plugin.
Plans and Pricing
A freemium LMS plugin is Masteriyo LMS. The official plugin repository has a download link for the plugin that is simple to use. Visit the premium plugin’s official website to purchase it. Following are the three available pricing options:
- Starter: $49.75 per year for a single site license (normally $199 per year)
- Growth: $74.75 per year for five site licenses (regularly $299)
- Scale: 99 Sites License for $124.75/year (Real price: $499/year)
Masteriyo LMS is giving all of its premium programs a whopping 75% discount. Therefore, if you act quickly, you can purchase this wonderful plugin for the above-mentioned best price.
One of the main aspects that makes Masteriyo one of the finest LMS plugins is its excellent customer service. Even if you use the plugin’s free version, the assistance is of high quality. The friendly staff of professionals is on hand around-the-clock to answer your questions via the contact form and live chat. Additionally, thorough documentation is offered for your self-help.
One of the tenacious opponents to LearnDash, LifterLMS enables you to create powerful WordPress LMS sites. You can use it to not only design and market online courses, but also to build a whole membership website. This plugin has more robust membership capabilities than LearnDash. Therefore, you are not dependent on other membership plugins. With LifterLMS, you may provide a variety of subscription choices, including sitewide membership, traditional membership, course bundles, and more.
Additionally, it is the ideal plugin for companies that focus on education. This is due to the fact that it enables you to collect one-time purchases, recurring payments, subscriptions, and other forms of payment to successfully monetize your online courses.
Why Is LifterLMS One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- LifterLMS has options to keep your courses safe, including members-only content, restricted access, password management, and more.
- Easy LMS Platform Management: With detailed reporting, testing tools, email messages, user role specifications, & more, managing & maintaining your online school website is a breeze.
- Student Engagement: Features like awards, accomplishment badges, and personalized communications help to keep your students interested.
- Course Import and Export: With a few clicks, you may import and export your online courses from and to various websites.
- Integrating LifterLMS with crucial tools like email marketing and CRM helps to expand and improve audiences. Additionally, it interacts with the best payment gateways for secure transactions.
Plans and Pricing
WordPress.org offers a free LifterLMS download. The premium edition is also available via the website’s main page. The following are the three available LifterLMS pricing options:
- Earth Package: $149 annually for 1 Site
- $5 sites for $360 a year with the Universe Bundle
- Unlimited Sites for $1200/year with the Infinity Bundle
Within 30 days of your purchase, you can also get your money back if you’re not happy with LifterLMS or its services.
You’ll adore the technical help we offer, says LifterLMS. During weekly office hours, you can contact the knowledgeable LifterLMS staff for assistance via live chat, support tickets, etc. As an alternative, you may use a knowledge base, webinars, podcasts, blogs, and more to assist you.
3. Tutor LMS
Tutor LMS, a fantastic WordPress LMS plugin alternative to LearnDash, is perfect for organizing, supervising, and making money off of your online school, courses, and other educational websites. Also check Endless Paper Alternatives
You may design engaging lessons and quizzes with Tutor LMS to help your students succeed in finishing the courses. Additionally, the robust reports and metrics aid in monitoring course progress. Additionally, you can add interest to your classroom by including a student-driven interactive question and answer part. You also have complete freedom to create online courses in 27 different languages. So, Tutor LMS makes it simple to reach out to a larger audience.
Why Is Tutor LMS One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- Awesome Course Details Pages: The Tutor LMS comes with several layouts and built-in elegant designs to produce eye-catching course catalogs and information pages.
- Student Dashboard: Students have access to a distinct, well-organized dashboard where they may view information such as their course status, progress, email notifications, etc. A customized dashboard is another feature of Tutor LMS for teachers.
- Assignment scheduling and deadline setting are also possible with Event Calendar. Your pupils will find it simpler to manage their assignments in this manner.
- Email Notifications: Automated email notifications keep professors and students updated on course registrations, quiz results, and other events.
- Multimedia Lessons: By adding multimedia attachments like videos, you can make your courses better engaging & interactive. You can add desired videos from reputable sites, including Vimeo, YouTube, and more, with ease.
Plans and Pricing
Both a free and a paid edition of Tutor LMS are accessible. As previously mentioned, WordPress.org offers a free download of the Tutor LMS. You can go to its official website to access the premium version. This plugin comes with three different plans, which are as follows:
- Person: $199 per year for 1 Site
- Business: $10 sites for $399 per year
- Agency: Unlimited Sites for $799 per year
The most recent articles, videos, and comprehensive documentation are available in the help section of Tutor LMS. Additionally, you can receive assistance from the staff by contacting them by email or chat.
LearnPress is an option if you’re looking for a free LearnDash substitute that is jam-packed with superior features. WPML plugin highly recommends the plugin for building multilingual LMS websites because it is small, quick, and efficient. For the best course creation experience, LearnPress now connects with a number of free and commercial add-ons. For instance, students can add courses to their wishlists using LearnPress’ Wishlist add-on. Similar to that, you can review the courses for enrolled students using the Course Review add-on. To create a certificate template, you may also include a drag-and-drop certificate builder. On the other hand, you can also select from the created certificates to give to your students after they successfully complete the course.
What Constitutes a Top LearnDash Alternative in LearnPress?
- Completely free: LearnPress is a powerful LMS plugin that is available for free. Building a complete LMS website is therefore the best option for newcomers and those with limited resources. However, you can incorporate premium add-ons to improve its features in the future.
- Use the Content Drip add-on to limit access to the entire piece of content at once. As a result, you can publish the information at the appointed time.
- Create Announcements: You can create announcements using the Announcement add-on for LearnPress. For instance, you can advertise your courses by announcing new course features and material.
- Membership Features: By integrating a paid membership add-on, you may give your LMS site strong membership features.
- BuddyPress and bbPress are two of the top WordPress forum plugins that LearnPress connects with. This facilitates easy connection and conversation between students and between them and their teachers.
Plans and Pricing
As we have indicated, LearnPress is cost-free. So, by going to the WordPress plugin repository, you can quickly get this plugin. If you want to increase the functionality of your LMS site, you can also integrate the premium LearnPress add-ons. The cost of the various paid add-ons varies, however the LearnPress Pro bundle (a collection of premium add-ons) is available for $299.
The support forum is one of the quickest and most dependable ways to contact LearnPress for assistance. In addition to that, you also get valuable documentation, FAQs, and video lessons for your aid.
One of the top online teaching platforms for imparting your knowledge and skills is Teachable. As soon as you begin using Teachable, you’ll have all the tools you’ll ever need to design and market online courses. With its simple drag-and-drop course builder, you may create interesting courses. Additionally, it has your back with multimedia support to make lessons even more engaging. The best part is that you can choose when you want to be paid (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.). Teachable is not a WordPress plugin like LearnDash; rather, it is an independent SaaS (Software as a Service) platform. So long as you have an internet connection, you may quickly access it through a web browser. For those who don’t want to put up a WordPress site to offer their courses online, it’s an excellent LearnDash substitute. This is another LearnDash Alternatives. Also check Easybib Alternatives
Why Is Teachable One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- There is no cap on the amount of students you can have enrolled in your Teachable-based online school.
- comprehensive Reporting: You can access comprehensive data on sales, engagement, and enrollment of students. thus you can keep tabs on your performance and choose wisely.
- Recruiting partners to promote and grow your business is made possible through Teachable’s affiliate marketing capabilities.
- Connects with Effective Tools: To increase the platform’s potency, Teachable has integrations with programs like Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Zapier, and others.
- Secured Data and Business: Teachable provides industry-leading protection and backups to secure your sensitive data and business.
Plans and Pricing
Teachable offers a free initial trial but has few essential features. So, if you want advanced features, you can subscribe to the premium plans. The following are Teachable’s paid plans:
- Fundamental: $29 per month (billed annually)
- Added Benefit: $99/month (Billed Annually)
- Higher Level: Custom Pricing
Depending on the plans you select, Teachable provides you with various support alternatives. It offers a variety of help options, including priority support, live chat, email support, and private communities. For your convenience, knowledge bases are additionally offered.
6. Moodle LMS
One of the best open-source LMS systems is Moodle, which is utilized by millions of course developers worldwide. The powerful course-building features of Moodle are a significant factor in its user base’s popularity. With Moodle, adding and uploading courses, setting them, or specifying course categories is a breeze. Additionally, it’s simple to upload files, update them, and add them to your courses. Moodle also offers a variety of ways for students to enroll. You can decide whether to let teachers enroll students instead of letting them enroll themselves. Bulk enrollment is another choice that is available. This is another LearnDash Alternatives.
Why Is Moodle LMS One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- Moodle is a free & open-source knowledge management system (LMS). As a result, anyone can customize their LMS site using Moodle.
- Several Moodle-specific plugins are available to help you personalize and improve the operation of your Moodle LMS site.
- Change the Look and Feel of Your Moodle Site: Moodle also lets you change the look and feel of your website. You can choose how information is shown on your home page, in the header and footer, and how users move about Moodle, for example.
- Discussion forum: Forum activities let students and teachers discuss concepts that are pertinent to the current course. In the discussion forum, Moodle also permits the inclusion of photos and other media.
- Moodle app accessibility: Students can access the courses from their smartphones, tablets, & other mobile devices thanks to the Moodle app’s accessibility.
Plans and Pricing
You don’t have to invest any money to set up your LMS site because Moodle LMS is a cost-free online learning platform. Another encouraging development is that the Moodle directory has a number of free Moodle plugins.
Moodle has comprehensive, simple-to-understand documentation. In addition, it offers a robust community forum. The FAQ page also contains answers to frequently asked questions.
Note: Unsure of whether Moodle or WordPress LMS is the better LearnDash substitute for you? Then you can read our in-depth comparison of Moodle vs. WordPress LMS.
7. WP Education
One of the best LearnDash alternatives with strong LMS capabilities is WP Courseware. All you have to do to have your course ready to go is install the plugin, create a new course, and add some material. You can easily create excellent courses with WP Courseware’s visual course builder. Additionally, the plugin enables you to upload any type of content. You may therefore quickly develop multimedia-rich courses to capture your students’ interest. This is another LearnDash Alternatives.
With WP Courseware, there are no restrictions on the quantity of courses you may design or the number of students you can host, oversee, or assess. Additionally, there is a specific classroom for each course where students can meet with the instructor.
Why Is WP Courseware One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- Lesson Downloads: Using WP Courseware, you may enable lesson downloads for your students in forms like PDF, text, or media files.
- Numerous enrolment alternatives: WP Courseware offers alternatives for bulk, automatic, manual, self-student, and automatic enrolment.
- Create several responsibilities for instructors to enable them to create, amend, and manage courses without having to visit the backend.
- Customize Courses: There are twenty-two separate course components that you may style and alter using the customizer.
- Course shortcodes: The shortcode library lets you alter where course lists, individual courses, student dashboards, etc. are displayed.
Plans and Pricing
A premium LMS plugin with three different pricing tiers is WP Courseware. These are what they are:
- Site License: $129 annually
- Site License for 10: $149 annually
- Site License for 25: $199 per year
All three options are backed by a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
WP Courseware is proud to say that they have answered more than 43 000 support tickets. And it takes them two hours on average to respond. Additional resources in its support include Knowledgebase publications, instructional videos, free ebooks, and free courses.
8. MasterStudy LMS
With a robust front-end course builder and integrations with a variety of lesson styles (text, video, slide, etc.), MasterStudy LMS is another all-in-one tool for transforming any WordPress website into a professional eLearning platform. Additionally, a variety of quiz question kinds, including true/false, fill-in-the-blank, picture choice, and /multiple choice, can be created. Even assignments can be used to assess your pupils’ knowledge. Essays and uploads are the two evaluation forms that can be submitted using MasterStudy. This is another LearnDash Alternatives.
You may use Zoom and Google Classroom to conduct interactive live sessions thanks to the plugin. Above all, MasterStudy is prepared for multilingual use. As a result, you can provide your course in a person’s native tongue to anyone in the world.
What Makes a Top LearnDash Alternative Like MasterStudy?
- Fast eLearning Platform: Because the plugin was created using vue.js, you can be sure that your online learning environment will have quick page loads and seamless transitions.
- Support for Seven Different Video Sources: MasterStudy lets you add videos from a variety of sources. They consist of HTML(MP4), YouTube, Vimeo, Presto Player, Shortcode, and more platforms.
- MasterStudy Pro is SCORM-integrated, allowing you to use a variety of content authoring tools to produce and market courses through your LMS.
- You may quickly create your eLearning pages with major page builders. It is as a result of MasterStudy’s support for well-liked page builders including Elementor, Divi, and WP Bakery.
- Integration for iOS and Android: MasterStudy offers a mobile learning application. Students can therefore readily access the courses using their smartphones from any location at any time.
Plans and Pricing
There are both free and paid versions of the MasterStudy LMS plugin. Consequently, based on your needs, you can choose any of the variants. WordPress.org offers the free MasterStudy LMS download. Additionally, the premium edition is available on the website’s main page. The following are the MasterStudy LMS’s plans and price options:
- One Site: $59 per year
- 5 Sites: $149 annually
- Sites Unlimited: $299 per year
- Pricing for MasterStudy LMS
In accordance with your return policy, MasterStudy LMS also promises a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Free MasterStudy users have access to rich documentation, blogs, and community assistance. However, only its premium subscribers are eligible for priority ticket service.
Thinkific is one of the greatest SaaS alternatives to LearnDash, similar to Teachable. It makes it possible for you to easily build outstanding courses and sell them for a profit. Thinkific enables you to provide your students with self-paced, scheduled, and cohort courses in the best possible manner. Not to add, you can use Zoom or live streaming to communicate with your pupils in real-time.
Additionally, you can protect the content by making your classes hidden or private. Additionally, you have the option to prevent text copying. You can also broaden your audience by using the sharing capabilities of social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This is another LearnDash Alternatives.
Why Is Thinkific a Prominent LearnDash Alternative?
- Huge Collection of Pre-built Course Templates: You get access to a huge collection of elegant course templates created by professionals. On the other hand, you can also begin from scratch.
- Measure and Track Your Students’ Success: Assignments, tests, examinations, and surveys allow you to gauge and monitor your students’ progress through the courses.
- Tcommerce is integrated with Thinkific to make it simple to accept payments, and there are no additional fees involved.
- Course Content Import in Bulk: Thinkific enables bulk course import so that you may swiftly launch your courses.
- Detailed Analytics: You may better understand your learners’ behavior and interests by using detailed reports and analytics. As a result, you can decide with confidence how to improve the user experience and fine-tune your content.
Plans and Pricing
To build your first online course, sign up for Thinkific for free. However, you can only use it to build one course at a time. You must sign up for one of the following paid subscriptions to create limitless courses:
- Base: $36 per month
- Begin: $74 per month
- Gain: $149 per month
- Considerable Pricing
For customer support, Thinkific offers the best-in-class help center. For first-time course makers, Thinkific Academy offers free courses as well. You can also become a member of the Creator Community to get knowledge from other course designers. In addition, depending on your Thinkific plans, live chat, email, priority email, and phone assistance are accessible.
10. Sensei LMS
Sensei LMS is the last option on our list of the top LearnDash substitutes. It is a WordPress LMS plugin created by Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, and WooCommerce.
With Sensei LMS, you can create interactive courses and then modify them to fit your branding. All thanks to the WordPress themes and customisable course templates it offers. This is another LearnDash Alternatives.
Furthermore, you may schedule when students should have access to particular course lessons using the content drip functionality. What’s best? With Sensei LMS, you may acquire all the eCommerce and online teaching resources at once. No need to rely on additional plugins and add-ons from other parties.
Why Is Sensei LMS One of the Best LearnDash Alternatives?
- Conditional Content: Depending on the enrollment status, date, groups, and other factors, you can display or hide the lessons and other content.
- Advanced Quiz Options: The Sensei LMS’s user-friendly quiz builder allows you to create seven different quiz types, as well as define quiz attempts, establish quiz timeframes, and more.
- Interactive Blocks: Sensei LMS enables you to include interactive blocks in your classes, such as videos, picture hotspots, flashcards, etc.
- Learning Mode: You can click to make the learning mode available in your lessons. It offers pupils a contemporary, distraction-free studying environment.
- Support for WooCommerce: Sensei connects with WooCommerce without any issues. By using one-time purchases, subscriptions, memberships, etc., you can easily monetize your courses.
Plans and Pricing
Another freemium WordPress LMS plugin is Sensei. You can thus visit the WordPress plugin repository to acquire the free version. Visit the official website of Sensei LMS if you want to purchase the premium version. The following is a list of its plans and costs:
- Sensei Blocks cost $49 per year for one site.
- Sensei Pro costs $149 a year for one site.
- $349 for 1 site per year from Sensei Agency
There is a 14-day refund period for Sensei LMS. So, if you’re interested, you can risk-free sample their paid programs.
You can use the support forum to post your questions if you’re using the free Sensei plugin. For self-help, comprehensive documentation is also accessible. You can get in touch with the support staff for pro users using the contact page.
It is indisputable that LearnDash is a standout premium WordPress plugin with excellent LMS capabilities. However, it is still somewhat expensive and comes with a number of other restrictions. So why choose one choice when there are numerous others that might be more suitable for you? This post about Learndash alternatives is being recommended to you just for that reason. After reading this post, maybe you’ll be able to select the best LearnDash substitute. If you’re still perplexed, we recommend Masteriyo LMS, a revolutionary LMS plugin for WordPress users to build a complete LMS site. Teachable or Thinkific can be used, though, if SaaS platforms are more your thing. If you’re looking for a standalone, open-source, free online learning platform, you can also try Moodle.
The article has now come to an end. If you’re interested, you can also browse our blog page for articles on topics like the top Convertkit and Moodle alternatives. Finally, subscribe on Facebook and Twitter to receive updates on articles from WordPress that are related. Please note that some of the post’s links may be affiliate links. Therefore, if you use the link to complete a purchase, we will obtain an affiliate commission.