How To Use Web Analytics To Acquire New Customers will be described in this article. Do you spend money and effort on promoting your company but aren’t sure if it’s working? The information and resources offered by web analytics let you choose which marketing channels to concentrate on and target. Without it, you might be entering the situation blindly and passing up chances that your metrics might have made clear to you.
How To Use Web Analytics To Acquire New Customers
In this article, you can know about How To Use Web Analytics To Acquire New Customers here are the details below;
Attracting the right visitors to your website
The correct visitors must be drawn to your website in order to aid in the acquisition of new clients. then grabbing their interest and holding it throughout your article. Ultimately, you want to convert visitors into buyers by guiding them through a data-supported, optimised funnel or buyer’s journey on your website.
So, how can you use a web analytics service like Matomo to get people to your website?
- Use the Visitor Profiles tool to identify your target audience.
- To prepare for expansion, figure out your cost of customer acquisition (CAC). You must make more money from each customer than you spend on their acquisition if you want your business or website to expand and become sustainable. Method of calculation: Calculate the marketing budget as a percentage of new consumers.
- Determine which marketing channels—such as social media, PPC, SEO, content marketing, etc.—you should put more of your attention on and which ones you should ignore.
How Matomo helps businesses acquire new customers
1. Use the Acquisitions features
You may create focused acquisition plans more easily using Matomo Analytics’s dedicated Acquisition tool, which helps with some of the heavy lifting.
With the aid of this function, you may identify potential clients and determine which marketing avenues result in the highest conversion rates for these website users.
- Learn what traffic you get from external websites: One of the most important things you can do to help yourself focus is to find out who is assisting you in succeeding on external websites. Increased traffic may come from paid sponsorships, guest blog articles, or even more money spent on advertising on that specific website.
- Social Networks: Check out which social media platforms are interacting with the target audiences. Use only the ones that are necessary to eliminate any guesswork. Discovering the social media platforms that your target audience uses will help you create content that is convincing, shareable, and interesting enough to encourage people to visit your website.
- Campaigns: Even when your marketing team has dedicated valuable time and resources to creating successful campaigns, how can you be certain? Using campaigns, you can determine which marketing initiatives are successful and which are not, allowing you to adjust your strategy and increase traffic while spending less money. To determine which advertisements and content pieces are most impactful on your business goals, monitor all of the content you display on both internal and external channels. Find out more
2. Use funnels
You can see the overall picture of whether and where your acquisition plans are failing by creating conversion funnels.
If generating conversions is your website’s main objective, then each funnel may inform you how well you’re guiding visitors towards your intended result. You may access past visitor profiles of any specific user at any point in the conversion funnel by connecting this with Visitor Profiles. At the individual level, you can examine the whole user experience, including the point of entry and exit from the funnel. Find out more
How to amplify acquisition strategies with funnels: Conversion funnels may help you determine which entry point is more successful and which one need more attention, so use them to guide acquisition. Focus your tactics on the areas with the greatest potential. You can see where your site’s users are having trouble from the outset, preventing them from completing the tasks on your site.
3. Study visitor profiles
By compiling each visitor’s history into a profile that includes a summary of each visit, action, and purchase made, Visitor Profiles enable you to get to know your visitors on a user-by-user basis.
To comprehend better:
- The reason why people visited your website.
- Why do your loyal visitors still visit your website?
- What precisely your visitors are searching for, and if they were able to find it on your site.
The advantage is that it’s possible to observe how several acquisition channels contribute to a single buyer’s trip.
How Visitor Profiles aid in Acquisition: You can observe where a visitor may have lost themselves, how engaged they have been with your organisation over time, and the path that lead them to take action by knowing their entire behavioural patterns when they arrive via external channels. This helps you create a buyer persona that more closely represents the audience that is most interested in you and provides you with an indicator of the kind of visitors you are receiving.
4. Focus on SEO efforts
A key component of any acquisition strategy should be optimising your search engine optimisation (SEO) efforts. Make sure you’re acquiring ALL the information necessary to inform your SEO strategy when it comes to obtaining definitive search engine referrer data. Also check Open Source Alternatives To Google Analytics
Connect the search consoles for Google, Bing, and Yahoo straight into Matomo Analytics. As a result, you rank highly for terms that drive the most traffic to your website, which helps you achieve your acquisition goals.
You may observe how the most significant search terms for your company have changed in ranking over time, which is another significant SEO advantage.
How to use keywords & search engines to enhance acquisition strategies: By monitoring your competition on EVERY search engine, you might find out whether traffic is highly converting from one, or you might discover that you are losing out to them on other search engines in terms of traffic and business potential.
5. Look at the Multi Attribution feature
You can gauge the effectiveness of each touchpoint in the customer journey using Multi Attribution.
Determine the precise number of visitors that arrived from the initial channel they interacted with your business, the subsequent channels they used, and the final channel they used to make a purchase of your good or service.
In order to effectively determine the Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC), stop overestimating any marketing channel and make more informed decisions when deciding how much to spend on acquisition. Find out more
6. Set your Goals
Which acquisition objectives are you most interested in achieving? You can measure the most crucial indicators required to expand your business using the Goals tool.
Setting goals is essential if you want to develop your marketing plan and attract new clients. You can learn more about behavioural changes as you create and adjust paths that affect acquisition and conversions over time the more goals you measure. You’ll learn which locations and nations are the most popular, which gadgets will draw the most people, which channels are converting the best for your business, and how engaged your visitors are before they convert. Also check UX Analytics Tools And Software
In this manner, you may assess whether the time and money you invested in your campaigns (SEO, PPC, signups, blogs, etc.) or optimisation efforts (A/B Testing, Funnels) have paid off. Find out more
7. Set Advanced Ecommerce reporting
If the main goal of your website is to make money, whether it be through an online store, a contribution request form, or a paid membership site, the e-commerce feature provides you with extensive information into your users’ spending patterns.
Using Ecommerce analytics may significantly lower the risk associated with promoting your items to prospective clients since it helps you identify who to target, what to target them with, and where more possibilities can be found to make the most difference for your company. Find out more
Having the resources necessary to make sure you’re developing a well-thought-out acquisition strategy is essential to drawing in potential customers and leads and guiding them through your website’s funnel or buyer’s journey. You can use the aforementioned capabilities of Matomo to help you make more informed decisions based on data because of its reputation as a reliable analytics platform. You may confidently pursue several acquisition channels and develop a flexible, winning plan while upholding user privacy.