This post discusses how you can fix iTunes error 54 while syncing an iPhone/iPad/iPod. The iPhone or any iOS gadget users utilize iTunes on PC/Mac for various reasons. The primary purpose is taking backup, bring back or sync your device. Nevertheless, Sometimes, These procedures might stop by showing you an unknown mistake like -54. Usually, During the sync process, you might see the following message-.
” The iPhone [device name] can not be synced. An unknown mistake took place (-54 ).”.
Probably, You are among them who is trying to find a way to fix iTunes error 54. If yes, you are in the right place. Here, you will learn about the approaches to repair this issue.
Possible Reasons Behind iTunes Sync Error 54.
Sometimes, The factor behind this unknown iTunes sync mistake 54 might be complicated. Nevertheless, In the majority of cases, it relates to the absence of permission. It can be either from iPhone/iPad/iPod or the computer. Also, there are some other things which are also understood to trigger this problem.
– Outdated version of iTunes.
– Some important parts are corrupted or missing.
– Insufficient authorization to perform the operation.
There may be other reasons which are responsible behind this issue.
How to Fix iTunes Sync Error 54.
Fixing this error 54 can be easy and likewise difficult. It primarily depends upon the scenario. Nevertheless, here are the most reliable ways to repair this iTunes sync mistake. Also, check how to find scammer numbers.
1. Reboot Computer and iOS Device.
In some cases, An easy re-start can repair numerous things. It might conserve your time. As a preliminary step to repair iTunes sync mistake 54, I recommend you to reboot your computer system along with the iPhone/iPad/iPod. Then, Try once again.
2. Combine the Library Files.
It is another effective method. All of your media contents might be kept in several places. But, Consolidating them will bring them into the same folder. It will minimize the danger of getting a mistake. Sometimes, It can be very efficient to repair iTunes sync error on Windows 10. To do it, follow these actions.
– At first, Open iTunes on Windows.
– Now, Navigate to File > Library.
– Then, Click on Consolidate Files …
3. Sync Small Amounts.
Syncing a large number of contents may stop working by showing you errors. So, It is safe to sync a small number of files at a time. In this way, you can easily prevent the iTunes sync mistake 54. Also, check fix contacts missing iphone.
4. Update iTunes and iOS.
If you still get the unknown iTunes error -54 while syncing, you can update the iOS and also the iTunes to the most recent variation. It is one of the most operating techniques to get rid of this unanticipated issue. Here are the directions.
To update iOS:.
– At initially, Go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone/iPad/iPod.
– Now, It will instantly look for the most recent upgrade.
– If you find any, tap on Download and Install and follow onscreen directions.
To upgrade iTunes:.
For Classic iTunes-.
– At first, Open iTunes.
– Now, Go to Help > Check for Updates.
– It will automatically show if any update is available. If you find any, just click-on download iTunes and install the current variation.
For Windows Store variation-.
It is a lot easier to update iTunes windows store variation.
– At initially, Open the Microsoft Store (Formerly called Windows Store).
– Then, Click on the 3 dots on the top right corner and choose Download and Updates.
– Then, Click on get updates. It will immediately check for the updates for all apps.
– Then, Update the iTunes.
After updating both iOS and iTunes, you can try to sync once again. It may repair the unknown error 54 in iTunes while syncing.
5. Run iTunes as Administrator.
This is another possible option to repair iTunes mistake 54. You can right-click on iTunes and choose run as administrator. Then, Try to sync once again. Ideally, This time it will work.
6. Uncheck Read-Only for iTunes Folder.
This is another thing that has a small chance of repairing your issue. Unchecking read-only mode can be handy. To do it, follow these guidelines.
– At initially, Go to Music folder on Windows.
– There, You will see the iTunes Folder. Just, Right-click on it and go to its properties.
– Then, Uncheck the read-only choice and save it.
7. Get Full Access to the iTunes Folder.
It is another approach that might assist you to fix iTunes sync error -54. As the problem may be connected to the approval, taking the complete access of the iTunes folder on Windows may solve it. If you do not understand how to do it, follow these guidelines. Also, check free v bucks fortnite.
– At first, Right-click on the iTunes Folder and go to its residential or commercial properties.
– Now, Go to the Security tab and click on edit.
– Check full control and save the settings.
Now, Retry syncing. It should fix the iTunes mistake.
8. Attempt in iTunes Alternative.
iTunes has a great deal of difficulties. So, there are some good iPhone manager software application. You can utilize any of them. However, I can recommend you iMazing or Anytrans two well popular iTunes options can take backup, sync and bring back contents from iOS gadgets. If iTunes is constantly giving you the errors, possibly, the alternatives will work without any problem.
9. Some Additional Tips to Fix iTunes Error 54.
I think the above methods suffice to fix this sync error. However, You also can take some additional actions. Here are they-.
– Disable antivirus or firewall software. Since, Sometimes, These may develop the issue. Then, see if it fixes the mistake.
– Consider performing a clean boot. Then, attempt to sync once again. It will assist you to understand if third-party services were producing a problem or not.
– Delete and Re-Download/Import the contents.
– You likewise can get rid of PDF files from sync process.