Best employee time clock software will be discussed in this article. Time clock software is a technology that tracks employee attendance and work hours and digitally stores the information. It’s an improvement over previous punch card systems in that it helps businesses comply with timekeeping rules, uncover issues like absenteeism, and assure overall productivity.
However, with so many options available, selecting the best employee time clock software can be difficult. We’ve hand-picked the top timekeeping tools for you to choose from in order to help you save time. In this article, we’ll go over 10 great employee time clock software options and discuss why you should choose one.
Top 10 Best Employee Time Clock Software in 2022
Top 10 Best Employee Time Clock Software in 2022 are explained here.
Here are our top options for the finest time clock software for tracking hours, managing employee attendance, and increasing productivity:
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a featurerich employee time tracking and attendance software that is used by large organisations such as Verizon and small businesses such as Thrive Market to increase the efficiency of their teams.
Time Doctor’s powerful features can be accessed via its:
Desktop programmes are available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Android mobile application
Extension for Google Chrome (for supported integrations).
The software is an outstanding time clock solution for in-office and remote teams, as well as freelancers working from home. This is another employee time clock software.
Its standalone time tracking functionality allows you to account for every minute staff spend on the job. In addition, you can track an employee’s attendance status as well as shift start, end, and breaks in real time.
Time Doctor also provides a plethora of extra features that will significantly improve your business’s performance.
Here are a few of Time Doctor’s important qualities that make it a great business tool:
1. Flexible Time Tracking
Your staff can report their work hours using Time Doctor’s two simple and user-friendly tracking options.
With a basic start/stop timer, its interactive or manual timer allows people to track time for various job duties. It provides them with more significant control over the entire tracking process.
Here’s a basic three-step procedure for using manual time tracking:
- Open the Time Doctor app and identify the task you’ll be working on.
- When you’re ready to start the activity, click Start.
- When you’re finished or need a break, click Stop.
Employers can also use Time Doctor’s automatic time tracking to log employee time without having to enter it manually. This lets your team to focus on the task at hand without having to manually manage time.
The tracking begins as soon as the employee’s computer boots up and continues in the background without interfering with the user’s productivity.
2. Work Schedules and Attendance Report
The employee scheduling tool in Time Doctor allows managers to build and amend schedules as well as assign staff to shifts. On the Company Settings page, you can enable the feature. This is another employee time clock software.
You can use this scheduling function to:
- Shifts can be added, edited, and deleted for any date range.
- Change one shift at a time, or run batch actions.
- Work schedules can be exported in CSV format for easy sharing and processing.
- Configure user access to update and see an employee schedule.
You can obtain a complete attendance report after activating the Work Schedule feature. You can set the report to display:
- The start and finish times of each employee shift, as well as its status, such as Late, Present, Partially Absent, or absent.
- The actual start time and the actual number of hours worked (during the scheduled shift hours).
- Total Time Outside Shifts – the amount of time worked outside of shift hours.
3. Productivity Reports
Managers can gain insights into an employee’s time utilisation and productivity by using Time Doctor’s extensive and real-time reports. These reports make it simple to comprehend complex time data and make informed decisions.
Time Doctor generates the following reports:
- Attendance Report: Track your team members’ attendance status in real-time.
- Hours Tracked Report: Select how many hours an employee tracked in a day, week, or any other time period.
- Timeline Report: View the employee time spent on various job activities over the course of a day or week.
- Report on Projects and Tasks: View the overall time spent on various billable projects and tasks.
- Activity Summary Report: Get a summary of an employee’s activity across time, including active, unproductive, and mobile time.
- Web and App Usage Time Reports: Monitor your team’s time spent on various websites and applications throughout working hours.
4. Payroll Integration
Time Doctor features an integrated payroll system that allows you to pay your staff appropriately using the collected time data. If you have hourly employees or freelancers, you can set up a separate payment system for them based on their timesheet records.
You can set up your payroll depending on the following criteria:
- Period of pay
- Method of payment
- Currency used in payroll.
Furthermore, you can export your payroll data in a variety of forms (CSV, XLS, PDF, etc.) and process it using popular payroll software and payment processors such as Gusto, Paypal, ADP, and others. Also check hyper local delivery management software
Time Doctor provides a 14-day free trial (credit card details not required). Its premium plans begin at $7 per user per month.
Clockify is a time clock and timesheet programme that is available for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS. This is another employee time clock software.
- To log work hours, use an automatic timer and manual time entry.
- It has a PTO (paid time off) monitoring function that allows you to keep track of time-off requests and accruals.
- Visual calendar for viewing time data and recording activities.
- For precise payments, use the project expense tracking and invoicing function.
Clockify’s paid subscriptions begin at $4.99 per month per user.
Time Clock Wizard is a desktop and mobile-friendly online attendance tracking and timekeeping programme.
- Allows you to define locations (GPS tracking), time periods, and devices from which employees can clock in and leave.
- Unscheduled clock-ins and clock-outs are notified in real time by SMS or email.
- It can be used as a wall-mounted or desktop employee time clock on any tablet device.
- Detailed time reports that may be scheduled and exported to a variety of formats such as Excel, CSV, PDF, HTML, and others.
The paid options for Time Clock Wizard begin at $24.95 per month for unlimited users.
QuickBooks Time is a time clock system that is simple to use and includes essential extra functions such as project management. This is another employee time clock software.
QuickBooks Time Kiosk on a tablet for centralised attendance capture.
To prevent time stealing and buddy punching, use the photo capture tool.
A four-digit PIN scheme for tracking time.
Detailed time reports that classify time data by job, task, employee, project, and so forth.
QuickBooks Time provides a 30-day free trial. This time clock software’s commercial plans begin at $10 (base charge) plus $8 per user each month.
Hubstaff is a workforce administration software suite that includes convenient time clock and time card solutions. It allows workers to clock in and out using mobile devices and laptops (iOS, Android, Mac, Linux, and Windows platforms).
GPS and geofencing-based time monitoring for your field service staff.
Automatic notifications for missed, abandoned, or late shifts.
Payroll automation based on tracked labour hours.
Detailed reports that provide information on employee hours, labour costs, budget, and profitability.
Hubstaff’s timekeeping services begin at $7 per user per month (minimum of two users).
6. Virtual TimeClock
Virtual TimeClock is a simple employee time monitoring software that is appropriate for businesses of all sizes. It is consistent with both Mac and Windows platforms. This is another employee time clock software.
- With clock in/out rules, you may avoid unnecessary overtime.
- Time is tracked for activities, jobs, clients, and so on.
- Tracks vacation, holidays, sick leave, and other PTO.
- Payroll processing is simplified with a time clock and payroll interface.
A free trial of up to 300 time clock entries is available from Virtual TimeClock. Its commercial plans begin at $195 per user on a single computer.
OnTheClock is an online worker time clock software that is available on mobile devices (Android/iOS) as well as desktop computers (Windows/Mac). Also check software companies in washington DC
- Convenient clock in and clock out features through mobile clock app, online browser, biometric (fingerprint), central kiosk, and so on.
- Track GPS location and set up a geofence for your on-field teams.
- Integrated messaging feature for efficient communication.
- Features for tracking and managing time off.
This time clock software provides a free 30-day trial period. Paid plans begin at $3 per user per month (minimum of three users).
7Shifts is a restaurant-specific employee scheduling and time clock application. This is another employee time clock software.
- Allows your staff to track their hours using tablets and cellphones.
- Without an internet connection, it records punches and time card data.
- Prevents unscheduled overtime and guarantees that your employees are clocking in from a valid GPS location.
- Integrates with well-known payroll software such as ADP and Gusto.
7Shifts provides a 14-day free trial period. Paid plans begin at $31.99 per location per month (for up to 30 users).
Clock It is an online time clock app that can be accessed using any web browser. It also includes mobile apps for both Android and iOS smartphones.
- When paid with appropriate attendance devices, it can be used as a biometric time clock.
- GPS tracking, geofencing, and photo capture capabilities for precise punching
- For speedier payroll processing, use an automatic time card calculator.
- Tracking of overtime and PTO.
Clock it provides a 14-day free trial period. Paid subscriptions begin at $29 per month (for up to 10 users).
Buddy Punch is a small and medium-sized business-friendly employee scheduling and time tracking software. This is another employee time clock software.
- Biometric facial recognition for logging in and punching time.
- Drag-and-drop feature allows you to construct employee schedules.
- Integrates with common payroll software such as Paychex, Workday, and others.
- Client service is available via chat and email.
Buddy Punch paid plans begin at $19 (base charge) plus $3.49/user per month.
Next, let’s look at why your company requires time clock software.
Why Should You Use Time Clock Software?
A digital employee time clock is a piece of technology that every organisation, large or little, requires. It’s a far more convenient attendance and timekeeping solution than the classic punch card and paper timesheet systems, as well as spreadsheets. Also check software development companies in Ohio
Let’s look at a few ways an employee time clock app might help your company grow:
- Increased worker productivity: With a digital time clock software, your employees won’t have to spend hours filling out manual timesheets or processing payroll reports, giving them more time to focus on other vital activities.
- Higher security: Time clock software can help you avoid unethical actions such as time theft, buddy punching, unauthorised overtime, and PTO abuse, saving you money and productivity.
- Paycheck accuracy: Using digital time and records reduces payroll errors, resulting in accurate bills and payments.
- Improved employee satisfaction: Making timely and precise payments is an easy approach to keep your staff happy and satisfied.
- Manage project budget: A time clock software can assist you in tracking project progress and personnel costs. This allows you to detect any delays and manage your budget more effectively.
- Effective compliance management: The majority of time clock solutions can be readily configured to ensure compliance with your local labour rules, streamlining the entire process.
A time clock system provides numerous advantages that might help you increase your overall efficiency and profitability.
The detailed list provided above will assist you in selecting the best time clock software for your requirements.
Time Doctor is an excellent choice if you want a lot of functionality in a single bundle. Its comprehensive time tracking, scheduling, and payroll capabilities provide the greatest overall timekeeping solution.