Looking for some security apps for your mobile phones….????
You are in the right place then…!!!! We have collected some amazing security apps for iPhone and Android for you.
In this digital era, technology is on its verge. But with its benefits, it also comes with some threats like malware, virus, trojans, etc. So, your advanced technology phone is nothing without any security and protection. Here we have prepared a comprehensive guide to tell you about some of the best security apps to protect and secure your information on mobile phones.
So, Let’s get started with some basic introduction…!!!!!
Mobile Security Applications
The applications which help to protect your mobile device from certain threats and sensitive information of your phone are security applications. The basic purpose of these apps is to avoid unauthorized users to access any type of information and from doing any unwanted actions on the device which may harm your device. Maybe it’s not easy to choose one security app for your iOS or Android device because of the variety of applications available in the market with numerous features. So to protect your devices from any kind of threat or security issue, we have compiled this list of security apps to help out with this issue. Let’s have a detailed look at them…!!!!
Best Security Apps for iPhone and Android
The first security app on the list is DuckDuckGo available for iPhone and Android both. A protected search engine that is available as mobile browser apps or extensions for desktop browsers. The very first aim of the DuckDuckGo is to protect your personal data while browsing the internet from various platforms.
Keep your internet searches private or unnamed while offering the inbuilt tracker blocking. So don’t worry to access different web platforms as they will suffer now to collect your personal information.
- Nobody can record your search history with the usage of this app.
- Works as an extension on many other mobile browsers also.
- Display the safest websites possible in the search results.
- Automatically connects you to encrypted versions of webpages.
- Powerful enough to block tracking data and external trackers also.
DuckDuckGo is unique from other search platforms available as it will not store your browsing data at all…..So, enjoy your internet surfing session without any tension of information stealing.
AppLock is a very easy-to-use Android app that helps users to set a lock on almost every type of file or application on their phones. So, your data becomes password protected basically. The application works in a very effective way, just you have to create a numeric password for the apps which you want to protect. By enabling this feature, every time you open that particular app, it will ask you to enter the password you set. Even if someone wants to uninstall it, then also the password is needed.
A very unique feature of the app is that you can even hide the icon of this security application so that nobody can notice that you have installed it on your device.
- Keep your personal pictures in a virtual safe.
- Lock different apps from varying profiles.
- Automatic locking or unlocking of the app as per location or time.
- Confuse the intruder by putting fake covers like a face or fingerprint scanner.
- You can display any force close message on the apps for unwanted persons.
Just install the application and hand over your phone with your personal data to anybody you want.
The next go-to option for the security app list is Avira which is available for both Android and iPhone. It allows us to set time limits for apps. This one app is capable of providing you security, privacy, and good performance. Avira can help you to protect yourself from thousands of online threats and hides your activities from unwanted advertisers and spies.
It aids in enhancing the phone performance by freeing up the space on your device. By having Avira, you can safely connect to even public wireless networks. So, prevent unauthorized access to your phone’s content and your online activities with this awesome security app.
- Instant notifications in case of leaked emails.
- Automatic block phishing websites even before loading.
- Protection against online threats.
- Scan vulnerable networks effectively.
- Memory and storage optimization.
Just install one single app and take advantage of many online threats and make your device more secure and protected.
The next security app we are going to discuss is Avast which is a tough defensive system against viruses, and many wireless network vulnerabilities. It offers you complete protection solutions for Android and iPhone. It has the capability to block spyware and viruses in real-time under single and multi-platform options.
The premium version has so many offers like security from fraud websites and password-stealing etc. So, if you want some enhanced features then go for the pro versions.
- Able to block internet service providers from tracking your activity.
- You can stop geographical restrictions.
- Surety of safe public wireless network connectivity.
- Protection against stealing of data.
- Track the device through its anti-theft system.
Install avast and utilize your right to stay safe and secure on all internet platforms.
Passwords play a very major role in everyone’s device for security purposes, So the next app we are going to discuss here is the password management security app called LastPass available for Android and iPhone. You can simply make your online life safe and secure with simple to use passwords like fingerprints etc. securely with the use of LastPass.
It offers you some randomized strong passwords to give you strong protection against hacking. You just have to save your password once and it will automatically be available every time on a single device for free. With the pro version, you can go for multiple devices.
- Very fast and effective logging in as it saves your passwords for you.
- Save payment and shipping details also to make your digital shopping easier.
- Safely and conveniently share passwords and important information with anyone.
- Give you alerts if your personal information is at theft risk.
Simply save your automatic password and go for hassle-free internet working as you don’t need to worry about online attacks.
6. BitDefender Mobile Security
BitDefender provides you with security and protection for both Android and iPhone devices. It offers you fast and secure web browsing on your phones with its secure VPN service. It also helps to verify your accounts to insure account privacy.
BitDefender offers you world-class e-threat detection and an awesome anti-theft experience without impacting the device’s battery life.
- Protection against link-based mobile scams.
- Lock and clean the device in case of phone stealing.
- Email account breaching checked via account privacy option.
- Equal to zero effect on the battery life of the device.
- Secured VPN for a safe and anonymous web experience.
Go for this unbeatable cloud-based malware protection hassle-freely to protect your device.
7. Kaspersky Safe Kids
Want a parental control option on the devices, then the next app to be discussed is a must-go for you. Kaspersky helps to protect children from unsuitable data and information on Android and iPhone mobile devices. It aids you to block suspicious websites, applications, and files as well as enables you to control specific applications.
The paid versions work nicely to monitor your child’s location and activities through auto reports. Children are unable to delete this application easily, So just install it and track your kid whenever you want.
- Block access to unsuitable content for your child.
- Able to set screen time limits per child and per device.
- GPS enabled kid’s tracking system.
- Allows you to check your kid’s YouTube search history.
- Customize a list of applications for your child.
This is one of the needed security applications in today’s online education time while educating your child, you can keep an eye on your child’s activities to give them a safe internet experience.
Another security app option on the list is Glasswire which helps to internally monitor your device. You can get results of the data usage of your phones showing you which apps are using the most of your mobile data. It also gives you an instant alert when a new app is connected to the internet.
Now using the apps as per the availability of mobile data is very easy and hassle-free with Glasswire for Android. You can instantly check your current and past network history also.
- Easy malware detection.
- You can block bad behavior applications.
- Warning of unusual changes to your apps.
- Alerts you when unknown devices join your wireless network.
- Effective network data usage monitoring.
Now track your mobile data when you are away from home and save it for later use whenever you need it with the Glasswire app.
9. Firefox Focus
We are going to discuss another app that aims at providing you with a private browsing experience. The browser automatically blocks ads and trackers, So gives you a wonderful untracked browsing experience. The app can be installed easily on Android and iPhone.
The big trash icon on its top can wipe out your search history and cookies with just one click. So experience some private browsing sessions with Firefox Focus.
- Easy online tracker blocking.
- On incognito mode whenever you go online.
- Complete deletion of browsing history with just one tap.
- Awesome untracked browsing experience.
Just have the Firefox focus and enjoy the wonderful untracked browsing session.
The last option for mobile security on the list is Lookout which provides protection to your mobile phone. Lookout is a sort of anti-virus available for both Android and iOS.
This is an all-rounder security app that protects your data and identity on online platforms. You can stay out of any phishing attack or any other mobile theft with the use of Lookout. You can get an easy update alert while using the application.
- Protection against malware, adware, and phishing.
- 24*7 access to ID restoration experts.
- Alert the users about the unsafety of wireless networks.
- Helps to locate the phone in case of any theft.
So enjoy the experience of good internet surfing just by downloading Lookout.
We have suggested you a list of options to secure and protect your mobile phones. If you notice the list is a little inclined towards Android security app options, Don’t worry that is because of the nature of iOS and Android platforms. Apple has more security control over the iOS devices and iPhone hidden hacks but at the same time, Google is more interested to go for third-party apps. But still, there are so many options for iOS also.
So, what are you waiting for…. Choose your required security app for your devices to beat the security breach over the internet.
Tell us about your favorite application in the comment section. If you still have any other doubts or want to share any other fantastic options, then feel free to connect with us….We will be happy to be in touch with you…!!!!!
About the Author:
Naveen is the marketing and product head at JoomDev. He loves to convert his ideas into reality by developing products to make your online business successful with his WordPress plugins and mobile app development services.